Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mama's Poem to Daniel


To Daniel (age sixteen)
From His Mama
November 15, 1993
Not much of a chance was he given when born
His skull was fractured, his little body limp.
Oh! How I mourned!
But I could hold him, and love him.
He surprised us with a spirit so young,
Smiling and eyes full of mischief,
His world had just begun.
We held him, and we loved him.
Through the croup, bladder, leg surgeries and asthma
He has taken it all in stride.
He is a winner, and a man.
In him, we take so much pride.
You are almost grown now.
Sometimes it has been hard, and we are not done.
But we love you and admire you;
And we are proud to call you "Our son."
Thank you for letting us hold you, and love you.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan, I do not know where to begin. First let me say I want to call but I am afraid of crying and making matters worse. I cry so easily now and this just broke my heart. I love you and Jim. Daniel was an inspiration to me as I am sure he was to everyone. I think he was a special gift from God who was given to two beautiful parents and sisters to learn about life. He taught everyone who met him how a person can live with a smile on their face and a kind word regardless of circumstances that we might not be able to handle He lived life to the fullest in 29 years more so than those who live to be a 100 because he had the true meaning of purpose in life. I have talked about purpose in life many times and he is one of the best examples I know. We are put on this life with a purpose. We are a spirit before we entered this world and a spirit when we leave to go on to Heaven. There must be a reason for us to enter earth and not to just be here and leave. Some or most people
are takers and you cant take anything with you so the purpose must be to be her for however long our time is and to leave something behind. My goodness look at what Daniel left behind and the hearts he touched. I still remember him laughing last month when I was there when I would drive by your house and you were on the porch saying Dora I see you driving right past the house cant you see me??? When I drove up he was outside laughing. He said y'all are funny! I thought that evening what a great attitude and beautiful person. He taught me well about life in just the few times I was around him just think of those who knew him more than me and how he touched their lives! It shows that you and Jim are two SPECIAL people as God blessed you with three SPECIAL children. I love all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home